Last updated: 06/01/2020
In very basic terms here at the Guild of Photographers we totally respect your personal information and will only ask you for what information we really need from you. We will look after it in the same way we would want our personal information looking after, keeping it secure! We will only share it with others where we need their help us deliver our service to you, or where we obliged to for legal reasons. Be assured that we will never share your information in any other circumstances – nor will we sell it on elsewhere! Here are more details –
As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services. We collect and manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely. Below is further detail about the specific types of data we collect and our reasons for doing so.
We collect the following data: Your first and last name, your email address, sign up ip, company name and website (if applicable), phone number, contact and billing address, postcode, latitude and longitude, bank details, optional images, gmtoff, dstoff, country code and timezone.
· We use this data to deliver our services to you and personalise your experience, as well as to market our services and those of Third Party suppliers, plus for security and authentication purposes
· We collect this data using the lawful basis of consent and/or for the performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract
We collect cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data that websites send to a user's computer and are stored on the user's web browser. They are designed to enable the website to remember information relating to your visit and its use. This is so we can personalise your experience and deliver our service to you as well as for Marketing Purposes.
We share personal data with the following third parties in order to deliver our services or fulfil our obligations to you. The below are either email, newsletter or payment service providers, website or hosting service providers, social media service providers, magazine or other membership service provider, or they assist with our accounts and record keeping.
With the following third parties the data is not transferred outside of the European Economic Area and is protected by the GDPR - Paypal, GoCardless Ltd, Stripe, Digital Asset Management, DAS, HMC Funding, Reparc, Vdotgood & Club, Members Ambassadors, Mentors, Judges and Trainers, Mentoring/Qualifications organiser, Creative Light Editor, Trade Partners, Icon Publications and Scott Accounting Services.
With the following third parties the data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to the United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield - SparkPost, Digital Ocean, FastMail, Google Mail, Facebook Ltd, MailChimp and Code 42 Software Inc.
There are also certain situations in which we may need to share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for example if a third party we share data with has servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case we will obtain your consent or otherwise ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU's guidelines.
You can see above where we send data outside of the EEA and on what basis we do so.
We keep your data secure:
· by following internal policies of best practice and training for staff
· by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology when information is submitted to us online
· by having Back-Up provision
· by using a host which is Cyber Essentials Plus Certified
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we shall also inform you.
· the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
· the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
· the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
· the right to have your personal data erased
· the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
· the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
· the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
· rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
We also give you the option to manage your data via:
· online account
· by writing to us
While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to, the duration will depend on your relationship with us and we may keep some records for up to 7 years after our working contract with you has finished for Tax reasons, reflecting the Statute of Limitations.